Below are details of some work you can do until 28th June.
21st – 28th June: all students, no matter what they are planning to do, are invited to attend
A Level taster lessons at Meden College.
This is the timetable
Attending these sessions will give all students an insight into how different life is after Y11.
Activities to complete
The big 50 offline ppt (click to access)
50 short activities that are not online! These activities are designed to help you think about your future possibilities.
What makes a great leader? (click to access)
At some point in your future career, you will most probably lead other people. Working through this resource will help you to understand the qualities needed.
Knowing how to communicate well is one of the most desirable qualities that employers ask for. Learn some key tips in this resource.
|Oak Academy - Summer Classroom |
Free lessons, resources and activities in five core subjects to keep you learning over summer
|Barclays Life Skills |
Register with Barclays Life Skills by following this link.
You will be able to access many incredibly useful resources, for example, on:
|Studying at Liverpool University |
Watch this video where a student talks about how he ended up studying history at Liverpool University.
|Studying Medicine |
Watch this video where Emily talks about studying medicine at university, so that she can become a Doctor
|Apprenticeship Opportunities |
Click on these links to find out about apprenticeship opportunities
|Managing your time effectively |
Click on this link to watch a video about how to manage your time effectively. As you start college or work, this will become a really important skill!
|Planning your future |
Click on this link to find out about the importance of, and how to plan, your future
|Study Skills |
This video helps you with study skills – if you are continuing with any type of study, this will really help you.
|Growth Mindset |
This video helps you to understand the importance of resilience and growth mindset.
|Independent learning!! |
At post-16 study, there are much greater expectations for you to complete your work without being reminded – find out how to do this effectively.
|Performing your best! |
Click on this video for advice on how to perform at your absolute best
|Keeping track. |
How to keep on track so that you succeed
|The Oak National Academy |
The Oak National Academy has put together 1000s of resources for students to be doing over the summer. Click on the link above to find some that interest you.
| How to choose career |
Meet the Year 11 2020 Team
Head of Year 11 : Mrs Taplin
- Results Day 2021
- Q & A School Day Changes
- End of Term address from Head Teacher
- OFSTED inspection 2021
- Parents Booking - how to access an appointment
- Allocating Grades / Appeals
- Prom 2021
- School day changes affecting Meden College students from September 2021
- Free Courses
- Importance of Attendance
- Meden College Taster Sessions
- Update regarding Face Masks 14-05-2021
- Recruiting School Governors
- Letter to Parents regarding approach to awarding grades this Summer
- Meden School Centre policy for GCSE/A Level Grades Summer 2021
- PTA Flyer
- Squid Status Update 13-04-2021
- Centre Assessed Grades (year 11 & Year 13 students)
- Covid Testing at Home - next steps
- Important Information regarding SQUID & food purchases in school
- Latest Information regarding return to school on Thursday 11th March
- Updated return to School arrangements 05-03-2021
- Information for Parents/Carer from Nova Trust regarding Cyber attack.
- Update on lesson provision 04/03/2021
- School Re-Opening Letter 23/02/2021
- Letter from the Head - End of term Feb 2021
- Continued support during Lockdown (Letter)
- Parental Questionnaire regarding access to technology
- Using XBOX/Playstation to access Teams
- Letter to Y11 & Y13 Parents regarding Exams
- FSM Scheme from Jan 2021
- Important Update
- Remote Learning guidance
- COVID Testing Arrangements in School
- Revised arrangement to return to school in January 2021
- Arrangements for January 2021 Return to School
- End of Term Letter December 2020
- CEO of the Trust Appointed
- Year 11 Parents Evening
- GCSE Pod Parent Letter for Year 10 & Y11 students
- me@meden programme - letter to Parents/Carers
- Important Letter from Mr Smith regarding COVID 09-11-2020
- Letter from Head of School End of Term
- Important Letter from Mr Smith Regardiing COVID 18/10/2020
- Letter to Parents/Carers from Nova Educational Trust
- Video Call Instructions for Parents using 3CX
- Filming Event
- Government Letter re Track and Trace
- COVID of COLD???
- year 11 Letter
- Please inform us if your child has Chicken Pox, Measles, Shingles
- Locker Letter
- No Upcoming Events