Meden Student Council
Meden School is very proud of our School Council and they meet regularly to discuss ways in which they can improve things for the students.
When the opportunity arises the council members enjoy getting involved in things happening in school and the wider community. These have so far included things such as...
- Decorating and selling cake at the McMillan Coffee to raise money for this worthy cause.
- Organising donations for the Advent calendar appeal.
- Publicising and actively getting involved with encouraging more students to access the free school breakfast through the ENACTUS business Program.
- Singing in the school choir for the Christmas concert and helping sell mince pies and hot chocolate to raise money for the Guide Dogs appeal.
After Christmas they will be in further events such as
- Distributing the ballot paper and counting up the votes for the Meden school mock election.
- Welcoming visitors nad taking them around the school to explain to them how we do things at Meden. They will then be happy to answer any questions the visitors may have.
- Organising more Staff vs Students events as the last series of activities were a great success. This will help raise money for the school Guide Dogs charity. This will be organised later in the year so watch this space.
- Overwhelming Community Support
Many Donate to our Foodbank Appeal (Whole School - 11/12/2020)
- Meden Celebrates Amazing A-Level Results
Congratulations to the Y13 class of 2020! (Whole School - 13/08/2020)
- Meden Student to follow his Dreams
Y9 Student accepted on Football Training Course (Whole School - 06/07/2020)
- BTEC Awards 2020
Meden Year 11 Student Receives Prestigious Award in Art & Design (Whole School - 26/06/2020)
- Meden Student Rugby Selection
Alix Lawson selected for county rugby training programme 2020 (Whole School - 20/04/2020)