Meden Student Council
Meden School is very proud of our School Council and they meet regularly to discuss ways in which they can improve things for the students.
When the opportunity arises the council members enjoy getting involved in things happening in school and the wider community. These have so far included things such as...
- Decorating and selling cake at the McMillan Coffee to raise money for this worthy cause.
- Organising donations for the Advent calendar appeal.
- Publicising and actively getting involved with encouraging more students to access the free school breakfast through the ENACTUS business Program.
- Singing in the school choir for the Christmas concert and helping sell mince pies and hot chocolate to raise money for the Guide Dogs appeal.
After Christmas they will be in further events such as
- Distributing the ballot paper and counting up the votes for the Meden school mock election.
- Welcoming visitors nad taking them around the school to explain to them how we do things at Meden. They will then be happy to answer any questions the visitors may have.
- Organising more Staff vs Students events as the last series of activities were a great success. This will help raise money for the school Guide Dogs charity. This will be organised later in the year so watch this space.
- Ex Meden Student Competing in Miss England Contest
Meden Students Help with Dress Design (Whole School - 22/07/2021)
- Inspirational Year 7 Student
War and Peace (Whole School - 01/07/2021)
- Amazing Y12 students
Complete Scholars Programme (Whole School - 12/05/2021)
- Star Readers
Y7 Students achieve amazing reading targets despite disruptions to schooling. (Whole School - 05/05/2021)
- Meden Superbike Racing Star joins Rich Energy 151 Team
Lewis is signed on his 16th birthday (Whole School - 04/05/2021)