Meden School has a very clear and distinctive ethos. Our work revolves around our core aims of high aspirations, excellence and achievement.
To create a caring school with high levels of aspiration for all our pupils. Ultimately they will fulfil their potential and go on to lead successful adult lives.
Our aim is to build a school that truly encapsulates ‘Work Hard Be Kind’ and where pupils:
- Have high aspirations of themselves the school and the community.
- Strive for excellence in every aspect of their school life.
- Have ambition and achieve well
We believe in:
- Raising aspirations
- Being ambitious
- Hard work
- Being empathetic to everyone
- Being determined to be the best you can be
- Being tolerant
- Being resilient and not giving up
- An excellent attitude to learning
- A high standard of behaviour
Promoting British Values
We agree with the Department for Education’s five-part definition of Fundamental British Values:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
At the school students will encounter these principles throughout everyday school life. The importance of these values in our modern and diverse community is recognised across all curriculum areas. Our PSHCE curriculum in particular delivers opportunities for students to learn about and reflect upon these British Values.