Welcome to the Geography Department
What is the purpose of Geography at Meden School?
- To generate curiosity within our students about the world in which they live.
- To create a sense of awe and wonder about their world that inspires them to want to know more and do more to protect our planet.
- To help students develop a better understanding of how Britain links to the wider world.
- To show the importance and significance of geography in wider society.
- To help students to understand the physical and human processes that shape our world.
- To challenge stereotypes and misconceptions about the world in which they live.
- To be aware of how actions can have local, national and global impacts.
- To know what challenges we face and how we can respond to them.
- Provide students with opportunities to use skills and knowledge gained from other subject areas and apply them to real life geographical situations.
- Students can accurately interpret and analyse figures/sources of information.
- Embed geographical skills that will be useful to students later in life
- Awareness and understanding of local geography.
- Understanding the process of decision making.
- Enabling students to confidently make decisions about geographical issues.