Nottinghamshire county council Annual Consultation
The Nottinghamshire County Council annual consultation on admission arrangements for the school year 2019-20 will run from 2nd October to 26th November 2018.
Please see below a summary of the information. For detailed information please go to their website www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/2019admissionsconsultations
- Apply Poster
- Consultation Poster
- Session Poster
- Summary of consultation on admission arrangements for school year 2019-20
Meden School follows the Nottinghamshire County Council Admissions Arrangements.
- More information on the County Council Admissions web page
- Determined Admissions Arrangements 2015-16 [PDF]
- Determined Admissions Arrangements 2016-17 [PDF]
- Determined Admissions Arrangements 2017-18 [PDF]
- Determined Admissions Arrangements 2018-19 [PDF]
- Determined Admissions Arrangements 2019-20 [PDF]
We organise Primary School and College Open Evenings, when prospective parents and pupils have an opportunity to visit the school. We are also always pleased to show parents and prospective parents around the school during the working day, and to answer any questions you may have. For an appointment, please contact the school office.
Do you attend one of the Meden family of schools?
The following schools are our linked schools:
- Birklands Primary School
- Eastlands Primary School
- Cuckney C of E Primary School
- Church Vale Primary School
If your child attends one of these schools, we will make all the necessary arrangements for induction. These will include:
- Pre-visits for children to experience lessons at Meden school during the summer term before transfer
- Welcome evenings to provide an introduction to tutors and bases, also during the summer term
- A Year 7 parents evening in the term after admission to strengthen the links with tutors and report on how you child has settled in
If you are moving to the area
If you expect to move house, please make contact well in advance. You are welcome to look around the school. We, in turn, will need to request records and meet with you.
If you attend a school outside the Meden School family
We also admit pupils from other primary schools and into the College, provided places are available.
Meden School Catchment Area
For details on Meden School Catchment Area please follow the external link below
Please note that we do accept applications from students who are out of catchment area.
Places in Year 7 at Meden School for September 2018 will be allocated on 1st March and advised thereafter. Parents have the right to an independent appeals panel if you are not happy with the outcome of your application. Repeat applications in the same academic year will not be considered unless there is a significant and material change in circumstances. Parents wishing to appeal should write to the Clerk to Governors, Meden School, Burns Lane, Warsop, Mansfield, Notts. NG20 0QN within 20 days of notification. Notification of the appeals date will be given with at least 10 school days' notice and the deadline for submission of written case will normally be 6 working days in advance of the hearing date. Independent appeals panel hearings will be held at Nottinghamshire County Hall.
- Appeals Timetable 2017/18 admissions (external link)
Quote of the week (SMSC / British Values - 18/03/2019)
Bulb planting (SMSC / British Values - 11/03/2019)
Quote of the week (SMSC / British Values - 11/03/2019)
Quote of the week (SMSC / British Values - 04/03/2019)
National Careers Week (SMSC / British Values - 04/03/2019)