Absences - A Guide for Parents
What do I do if....
- ...I know in advance that my child will be away from school, for example for a dental or doctors appointment?
- Please let us know in advance through a note in your child's Student Planner.
- ...I wish to take my child away on holiday during term time?
- The school tries to discourage students from taking any holidays during term time. Parents receive written reminders in September and January. In the event of a request for holiday leave, a form can be completed and given to the students tutor. This has to be ratified by the Headteacher, who has sole discretion in the matter.
- ...My son/daughter is away from school and no prior notice has been given?
- Please telephone the office during the morning to confirm the absence. If no call has been received by afternoon registration, school will contact home during the afternoon of the first days absence.
Please help us to minimise this administrative work by explaining absence on the first morning of the first day, or if you know of a future absence then please advise your child's tutor either by a letter or a note in the Student Planner.
Important Forms for Parents/Carers
Parents can help ensure that the school has accurate contact details by informing the school if there are any changes to phone numbers etc. during the year. Please complete a Contact Update Form and return to the school office.
Nova Education Trust
Meden School is a member of the Nova Education Trust. The Nova Education Trust is a dynamic and growing MAT Group based in the East Midlands. Our Trust Group is committed to providing high quality education to all of our students, regardless of their backgrounds. Our track record demonstrates our ability to deliver our core goal, achievement for every child. Our portfolio of schools includes both secondary and primary schools, working in a range of contexts. In addition we founded the Torch Teaching School Alliance, which links 23 schools together sharing effective practice and developing new models for staff development. John Tomasevic is a Trust Director and CEO of the Trust. Further details can be found by following the link below.
The address for Nova is:
Nova Education Trust
The Sir Colin Campbell Building
University of Nottingham Innovation Park
Medical Update Form
Please complete a consent form to allow us to use your child's pictures/name to celebrate achievement in our school, on our website/twitter and in the media.
Leave of Absence
The Leave of Absence Form replaces what was once called a Holiday Form. If you wish to apply for your child to be absent from school during term time then this is the form you need to complete and hand in to school.
For more information about leave of absence please refer to the school's Leave of Absence Request Policy.
- Junior Maths Challenge Success
Yr7 and 8 Maths (Mathematics - 19/06/2019)
Road Safety (SMSC / British Values - 17/06/2019)
Quote of the week (SMSC / British Values - 17/06/2019)
Quote of the week (SMSC / British Values - 10/06/2019)
- Maths Star Students
Summer Half Term 1 Star Students (Mathematics - 24/05/2019)