Welcome to Meden College
Meden College is a high-achieving provider of academic post-16 education, which develops well-rounded leaders of the future.
We have extremely high aspirations for ourselves and our learners, whose horizons and ambitions are widened on a daily basis.
We continually challenge self-perceptions of limitations and obstacles to success and we actively celebrate achievements - both academic and social.
Meet the 2020 College Team
|Mrs L Brett||Head of College|
|Mrs E Corns||Second in College|
|Mrs T Coulson||College Mentor|
|Mrs H Gibney||College Mentor|
|Miss H Smith||College Mentor|
attitude to learning
All schools evaluate the progress the students are making in terms of their grades, however at Meden we also place great emphasis on student's 'Attitude to Learning' or ATL.
What does ATL mean?
A student is given a score of 1,2,3 or 4 for each subject based on a number of factors which are shown in the table below. An average of these scores represents a students total ATL. An average score of 1 is the best score a student can get and an average score of 4 is the worst. Most students will get a score somewhere between the two and hopefully as low as possible to show the best ATL.
ATL reports are uploaded to MCAS at regular points throughout the years so that you may see how your child is doing. Achievement assemblies are held every half term to celebrate the highest ATL scores as well as the most improved students.
Please download an application form and return to Ms Coulson to apply for a College Bursary for 2020/21 - Year 13 students who qualified for a bursary in 2019/20 must reapply for 2020/21
- Letter from Head of School End of Term
- Important Letter from Mr Smith Regardiing COVID 18/10/2020
- Letter to Parents/Carers from Nova Educational Trust
- Video Call Instructions for Parents using 3CX
- Filming Event
- Government Letter re Track and Trace
- COVID of COLD???
- Letter to Year 13 Parents
- Please inform us if your child has Chicken Pox, Measles, Shingles
- No Upcoming Events
- Meden School are celebrating their best ever A level year
Students at Meden school are celebrating some great A Level and Level 3 qualifications this year. (18/08/2017)
- Meden enjoys further A-level success
Meden school is pleased to announce another outstanding set of A-level results. (13/08/2015)
- Meden College celebrating another year of excellent A level results
100% pass rate with 70% of students gaining an A* to C. (14/08/2014)