Meden School is committed to safeguarding and protecting all students in our care. We aim to create an environment where students feel valued, listened to and safe in order to fully promote their self-esteem. At Meden School all staff will seek to support students, not just academically, but as individuals, so that they are empowered to positively engage with society when they leave Meden School.
Staff are alert to possible risks and clear procedures are in place for dealing with expressions of concern.
When they join Meden School, students will be placed in a tutor group. Tutors meet their groups daily. The tutor is responsible for the day-to-day care of your child and, therefore, is the first link between parents and school. Parents are encouraged to let the tutor know of any issues affecting the behaviour, progress or well-being of their children.
Arrangements for the year group are overseen by the Head of Year who also provides advice and support for students and staff and act as a point of contact for parents. Heads of Year will often invite parents into school to discuss issues about your child and, of course, you are welcome to visit the school at any time.
PROVIDED BY NOTTINGHAMSHIRE HEALTHCARE NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
- Parentline 07520 619919 – Healthy Family Teams confidential texting service to provide parents and carers advice around feeding, child development, parenting advice and support, emotional health and wellbeing, behaviour difficulties and family health.
- Chat Health 07507 329952 - this is a confidential texting service for 11 to 19 year olds in Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust.
- ChildLine 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk
- Kooth - www.kooth.com - this is an online counselling service.
- Health4teens - www.healthforteens.co.uk - this is an NHS site supporting young people around emotional wellbeing.
- Health4kids – www.healthforkids.co.uk – this is an NHS site supporting young children and parents.
- Notts Help Yourself – www.nottshelpyourself.org.uk – this is a site for advice, information and local services available.
- CAMHS crisis team - Tel 01158542299 or 01158440560 or email CAMHSCrisisTeam@nottshc.nhs.uk
- Young Minds – www.youngmids.org.uk
- Parent guide to your child's screen time -https://safeguarding.thekeysupport.com/factsheets-and-briefings/your-childs-screen-time-parent-factsheet/
- British Red Cross - Kindness and Resilience - https://www.redcross.org.uk/get-involved/teaching-resources/kindness-resource-list
- Overwhelming Community Support
Many Donate to our Foodbank Appeal (Whole School - 11/12/2020)
- Meden Celebrates Amazing A-Level Results
Congratulations to the Y13 class of 2020! (Whole School - 13/08/2020)
- Meden Student to follow his Dreams
Y9 Student accepted on Football Training Course (Whole School - 06/07/2020)
- BTEC Awards 2020
Meden Year 11 Student Receives Prestigious Award in Art & Design (Whole School - 26/06/2020)
- Meden Student Rugby Selection
Alix Lawson selected for county rugby training programme 2020 (Whole School - 20/04/2020)