Consultation on changing our Planned Admission Number (PAN)
Proposal: Meden School has now begun the formal process to reduce the number of places from September 2018 and wishes to consult with you on this proposal. The Torch Academy Gateway Trust is proposing to reduce the Pupil Admission Number (PAN) from the current 240 per year group to 160 pupils per year group.
Reasons for the proposed change:
The following factors have been taken into account:
- Pupil numbers in our catchment area have fallen significantly since the current PAN was set. 130 students currently join Meden School each year and this is forecast to remain constant.
- It will make financial planning much easier.
- Reduced numbers will enable us to know our students even better, thus facilitating continuing school improvement.
- Site and resources management will be more effective and suffer less wear and tear.
If you have any comments you wish to make in respect of this proposal could you please forward them to Mr.T.Gibbon at the school address, or by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 01623 843 517
Nottinghamshire county council Annual Consultation
The Nottinghamshire County Council annual consultation on admission arrangements for the school year 2018-19 will run from 3rd October to 27th November 2016.
Please see below a summary of the information. For detailed information please go to their website www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/2018admissionsconsultations
Meden School follows the Nottinghamshire County Council Admissions Arrangements.
- More information on the County Council Admissions web page
- Determined Admissions Arrangements 2015-16 [PDF]
- Determined Admissions Arrangements 2016-17 [PDF]
- Determined Admissions Arrangements 2017-18 [PDF]
We organise Primary School and College Open Evenings, when prospective parents and pupils have an opportunity to visit the school. We are also always pleased to show parents and prospective parents around the school during the working day, and to answer any questions you may have. For an appointment, please contact the school office.
Do you attend one of the Meden family of schools?
The following schools are our linked schools:
- Birklands Primary School
- Eastlands Primary School
- Cuckney C of E Primary School
- Church Vale Primary School
If your child attends one of these schools, we will make all the necessary arrangements for induction. These will include:
- Pre-visits for children to experience lessons at Meden school during the summer term before transfer
- Welcome evenings to provide an introduction to tutors and bases, also during the summer term
- A Year 7 parents evening in the term after admission to strengthen the links with tutors and report on how you child has settled in
If you are moving to the area
If you expect to move house, please make contact well in advance. You are welcome to look around the school. We, in turn, will need to request records and meet with you.
If you attend a school outside the Meden School family
We also admit pupils from other primary schools and into the College, provided places are available.
Meden School Catchment Area
For details on Meden School Catchment Area please follow the external link below
Please note that we do accept applications from students who are out of catchment area.
Places in Year 7 at Meden School for September 2016 will be allocated on 1st March and advised thereafter. Parents have the right to an independent appeals panel if you are not happy with the outcome of your application. Repeat applications in the same academic year will not be considered unless there is a significant and material change in circumstances. Parents wishing to appeal should write to the Clerk to Governors, Meden School, Burns Lane, Warsop, Mansfield, Notts. NG20 0QN within 20 days of notification. Notification of the appeals date will be given with at least 10 school days' notice and the deadline for submission of written case will normally be 6 working days in advance of the hearing date. Independent appeals panel hearings will be held at Nottinghamshire County Hall.
- Appeals Timetable 2016/17 admissions (external link)
- Junior Individual Maths Challenge
Junior maths challenge success (Mathematics - 18/06/2017)
- Maths Star Students
After a busy half term, there are many students that deserve to be recognised for their hard work an (Mathematics - 05/06/2017)
- Meden Students Compete in the Districts Athletics Competition
Many student qualify for the county championships (Whole School - 12/05/2017)
- More Swimming Success for Elliott Clogg
Well done! (Whole School - 05/05/2017)
- Young Photographers Win Prizes
Meden students take part in the Rotary club competition (Whole School - 25/04/2017)