Welcome to Gifted and Talented
Gifted and Talented can be used to describe students whom we feel are working above their expected level and will exceed targets. It can be used to describe the students that are targeted high, compete in county sports, achieve well over a period of time or simply someone who clearly has high intellect. However, gifted and talented both mean separate things.
At Meden School, we like to make sure that every one of our students is given as much opportunity as possible to achieve. We are very good at differentiating in our lessons for the varying needs of our students. We push our students to believe in themselves and to think about how their grades can affect their futures.
Our Gifted and Talented students represent our highest achievers at Meden, and by identifying and targeting them, we can further raise the aspirations of the students and of the school. By identifying and targeting our Gifted and Talented students, we aim to:
- Increase their confidence and aspirations
- Track, monitor and challenge their progress
- Increase the number of A and A* grades that the students achieve at GCSE level
- Raise awareness of, and guide students towards, higher and further education
- Help them identify available opportunities and paths for careers
- Guide our students to achieving beyond their expectations
- Provide them with resources that will enable them to be further challenged
- Increase the number of students who go to University, and who get accepted to a ‘Russell Group’ University.