Meden enjoys further A-level success
Meden school is pleased to announce another outstanding set of A-level results.
The school continues to go from strength to strength by maintaining its 99% pass rate from the previous year, with 50% of maths A-level grades being A*s and A's and 100% of BTEC medical science students receiving a distinction; certifying a wide range of achievement at both academic and vocational level.
However, the school's track record continues to improve this year, as every student who applied to university has been offered a place on a course. These achievements heartedly demonstrate the tireless efforts of the leadership team, pupils and wider community in moving Meden from special measures in 2011 towards the success it enjoys today, and further success it will undoubtedly enjoy in the future.
- 99% A-level pass rate
- 100% distinction in BTEC medical science
- 100% of students applying to university offered a course
Janet Brashaw, Meden's head of school stated:
"I am immensely proud of all our A-level students who have worked extremely hard to achieve an outstanding set of results. This is a testament to the dedication of both pupils and teachers who are always willing to go the extra mile. Many of our staff have been working extra hours during the time leading up to the exam period, sometimes until as late as 9 o clock at night, due to our pupil's desire to leave no stone unturned when it comes to capitalising on academic efforts and achieving the very best results.
I would also like to extend my thanks to the parents of pupils here at Meden for their continued support, as I feel this is a crucial element of the process which is often not given enough credit. The parents, staff and pupils really have worked in perfect harmony to achieve the outstanding results everyone is so proud of.
I would like to congratulate every one of our students and wish them continued success as they progress in to the next phase of their lives. Today's young people are the future of tomorrow, and with the standard of achievement they have demonstrated at Meden, I strongly feel that the future is bright"
More News Stories
- Meden School are celebrating their best ever A level year
Students at Meden school are celebrating some great A Level and Level 3 qualifications this year. (18/08/2017)
- Meden enjoys further A-level success
Meden school is pleased to announce another outstanding set of A-level results. (13/08/2015)
- Meden College celebrating another year of excellent A level results
100% pass rate with 70% of students gaining an A* to C. (14/08/2014)
- Head of School letter to Y10 Y12 22-05-20
- Letter to Parents of Year 12 28/04/2020
- Heads Message to Parents 24/04/2020
- Message from Ofqual
- Year 11 Next Steps
- Information from NCS
- Should you send your child to school?
- How to Guides...Email, Office, Onedrive
- Timetables for students working from home
- Headteacher letter regarding School Provision Moving Forward 20/03/20
- Information for Free School Meals Provision 20/03/2020
- Key information from the CEO of the Trust 20/03/2020
- Latest Update from Headteacher 19th March
- Update 190320 Following Government Advice
- Update from Headteacher regarding Coronavirus 18/3/20
- Timetable for Year 9 & 10
- Latest Advice 17th March - Letter from Headteacher
- Latest advice from Headteacher regarding Headteacher
- Corona Virus Information Letter
- End of term letter to all Parents/Carers Feb 2020
- Meden School Standards Reminder
- Last day of term arrangements
- Inset Day
- Leadership Announcement
- Lock Down Procedures - Letter to Parents
- 29/6/20 - 30/6/20 Year 6 Transition