Students begin the year with a base line drawing test to determine targets and prior learning.
- Term 1 - Colour Project /data/uploads/art/files/Colour_Project_Student_overview.docx
- Term 2 - 3D Gargoyle Project /data/uploads/art/files/3D_%28Gargoyle%29_Project_Student_overview.docx
- Term 3 - Pop Art Project /data/uploads/art/files/Pop_Art_Project_Student_overview.docx
- Term 1 - Natural world Project /data/uploads/art/files/Natural_World_Project_Student_overview.docx
- Term 2 - 3D Insects Project /data/uploads/art/files/Insect_Project_Student_overview.docx
- Term 3 - Fauvism (Portrait) Project /data/uploads/art/files/Portrait_Project_Student_overview.docx
GCSE ART, CRAFT & DESIGN
Our exam board is Edexcel. Please click here to download the Specification in PDF format.
Students explore a project titled: Fragmentation & Distortion. Within this project they cover 3 sub topics: Still Life, Portraiture and Landscapes/ Architecture.
The Year 9 course is designed for students to build and develop the skills necessary to succeed at GCSE. The body of work produced is kept in folders and can be put towards student's coursework in Year 10.
- Term 1 -/data/uploads/art/files/Still_Life_Project_Student_overview.docx
- Term 2 - /data/uploads/art/files/Portraiture_Project_Student_overview.docx
- Term 3 - /data/uploads/art/files/Landscape_Project_Student_overview.docx
Students still explore Fragmentation & Distortion but select a more personal direction for their project based on the 3 sub topics covered in Year 9. At this stage students are encouraged to consider how their work can become more personal, informed and meaningful. This year is about building a comprehensive and coherent body of work that will be submitted as their coursework, covering all 4 of the assessment objectives spread over each term.
- Term 1 - /data/uploads/art/files/Autumn_Term_Project_Student_overview.docx
- Term 2 - /data/uploads/art/files/Spring_Term_Project_Student_overview.docx
- Term 3 -
Students spend the first term improving and refining work from Year 10 and presenting their final submission for their coursework before beginning the Externally Set Assignment (ESA) at the end of January, leading to their final exam.
- ESA Action Plan -