Meden enjoys further A-level success
Meden school is pleased to announce another outstanding set of A-level results.
The school continues to go from strength to strength by maintaining its 99% pass rate from the previous year, with 50% of maths A-level grades being A*s and A's and 100% of BTEC medical science students receiving a distinction; certifying a wide range of achievement at both academic and vocational level.
However, the school's track record continues to improve this year, as every student who applied to university has been offered a place on a course. These achievements heartedly demonstrate the tireless efforts of the leadership team, pupils and wider community in moving Meden from special measures in 2011 towards the success it enjoys today, and further success it will undoubtedly enjoy in the future.
- 99% A-level pass rate
- 100% distinction in BTEC medical science
- 100% of students applying to university offered a course
Janet Brashaw, Meden's head of school stated:
"I am immensely proud of all our A-level students who have worked extremely hard to achieve an outstanding set of results. This is a testament to the dedication of both pupils and teachers who are always willing to go the extra mile. Many of our staff have been working extra hours during the time leading up to the exam period, sometimes until as late as 9 o clock at night, due to our pupil's desire to leave no stone unturned when it comes to capitalising on academic efforts and achieving the very best results.
I would also like to extend my thanks to the parents of pupils here at Meden for their continued support, as I feel this is a crucial element of the process which is often not given enough credit. The parents, staff and pupils really have worked in perfect harmony to achieve the outstanding results everyone is so proud of.
I would like to congratulate every one of our students and wish them continued success as they progress in to the next phase of their lives. Today's young people are the future of tomorrow, and with the standard of achievement they have demonstrated at Meden, I strongly feel that the future is bright"
More News Stories
- Meden enjoys further A-level success
Meden school is pleased to announce another outstanding set of A-level results. (13/08/2015)
- Meden College celebrating another year of excellent A level results
100% pass rate with 70% of students gaining an A* to C. (14/08/2014)
- September arrangements & Uniform
- Changes to Pastoral System from September 2017
- Uniform Changes from September 2017
- Changes to Wednesdays from September 2017
- Upcoming Events
- Laps for Lapland Letter & Sponsorship form
- Children in Need Day November 18th
- Procedures for closing school due to bad weather.
- A Parents Guide to Dealing with sexting
- Parental Reminders October
- CSE and parental/carer awareness
- Consultation on reduction of School PAN
- Additional Inset Day
- Welcome Letter September 2016
- Important information regarding the Torch Group
- Radicalisation Letter
- End of Term arrangements Dec 2015
- Football Boots
- Expectation - letter to Parents
- School Day from September 2015
- Start of Term Arrangements
- Meden Term dates 2015-16 amended
- New School Day from September 2015
- Recent Ofsted Success - letter to Parents
- Proposals to Meden School Day
- School Holiday Pattern Parent Consultation
- School Comm Mobile Phone App Letter
- Meden School E- safety Agreement
- Information regarding the use of Biometric Technol
- Importance of Good Attendance
- Communication with School
- School Policy regarding adverse weather
- Information Leaflet for Parents
- 26/7/17 Inset Day
- 27/7/17 - 3/9/17 Meden School Summer Holidays
- 4/9/17 Return to school